This is Iceland

This is Iceland
Gullfoss Falls

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What Not to Take

This is what I took on our last trip - to Scotland - which I didn't use on the trip.


Of course there are things here which I might still want/need. I didn't wear my sweater or my stocking cap because it was never cool enough. I managed with one pair of jeans because the weather was by-and-large dry. For the same reason I didn't need to use my poncho. I'm not leaving any of these things behind on this trip - if I do it will pour down rain day and night for the full week and a half. If I take them I can keep them neatly packed in my suitcase and enjoy the warm dry weather.

This remains a cautionary photo though. I need to think about each item. What is the real likelihood I will use it? This will be the most photo-intensive trip I have ever been on, so extra camera batteries, memory cards, lens filters, external hard drive, flashlight, etc., are necessities. I see a calculator I won't need. Some Orkney Island maps and trail book which won't be worth a tinker's damn in Iceland. I won't bother with my mini articulating tripod either - I'm taking a real tripod this trip. And the PJ bottoms are probably a waste of space.

The logbook? I would think, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment