This is Iceland

This is Iceland
Gullfoss Falls

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Trip

In exactly six weeks I will be flying along with eight others to Keflavik International Airport in Iceland. Five of us are arriving a little earlier than the others, and we will be visiting the southernmost portion of Iceland for three days before joining with the remaining four travelers in Reykjavík. From there we will travel north and west to a remote section of the island known as West Fjords.

We all will have in common one thing; we will each be carrying cameras and the associated devices which round out a photographer's kit. One or two members of our group are accompanying photographers, but are not themselves photographers per se. Of the photographers, I am the least experienced, though I will not be the youngest traveler. Several travelers have been on such journeys to Iceland before; three of them together. Many times. Two of these are my sister-in-law Sandy, and her husband, John (aka, my brother). Another is Bill who is the author of this trip. I have not met any of the others who will be joining us, and I have not met Bill except in social media. We have all introduced ourselves to one another and it is because of this that I know I am the least experienced. I can only improve from here.

I will be posting to this blog during my visit to Iceland. I will most likely also be posting to Flickr, Facebook, and a group blog. This is of course assuming I have the time. We will be driving each day, setting up our equipment, taking pictures like mad, moving our equipment, grabbing meals, and likely falling into bed exhausted. So this posting business may be a bit dicey. Maybe I'll just stick to this blog. We'll see...

I'll send this address out to anyone who cares to follow me. Though it's still six weeks away. I just get excited about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment